I was thinking earlier about trying to get by with only Emacs and a browser.
How much of my general daily computer work could be done primarily with those two apps? Not enough, but it's a fun thought experiment that may turn into a real experiment.
After a quick pass through my Applications folder, here are the apps I (currently) consider must haves...
- Messages (Apple)
- 1Password (but 1Password X might not count as a separate app)
- Preview (I'm constantly dealing with PDFs and haven't gotten comfortable doing that with Emacs yet)
- TextExpander (I could go without it, but I don't want to)
- iTerm (because command-line apps don't count as "Apps" so I cheat with this)
- Finder (I'm not sure this counts as an App, though)
So what does this long list-that-contains-way-more-than-just-emacs-and-a-browser mean I leave behind?
- Apple Notes
- iA Writer
- Day One
I may try it for a few days and see what happens.
I'm not including photo or video editing ↩︎